DOCa PRIORAT(Controlled Denomination of Origin Priorat)
Priorat is a valley surrounded by a large mountain range that makes it almost impossible for clouds to penetrate into the valley to give water.
This has the effect that we have a warmer summer and a colder winter than in other areas of Spain.
– Altitude: 100 to 450 meters
– Rain: 120 to 150 Liters/m²
– Mediterranean climate
– Varied soil due to its topography: calcareous, sandy, clayey, llicorella
– Grapes characteristics: generally small grape, with sparse density, and due to its location, with concentration of wine components
– Characteristics of the wine: very concentrated, with a specific aroma and flavour
– Yearly grape production: 60’000 kg and 850 grams per vine
– On llicorella: characteristic stone of the Priorat area, that has the particularity of being rich in minerals that are transmitted to the grapes through the vine. It is a stone that does not retain water